On Ron’s Amazing Stories we are full of snakes. We have a ghost snake, a golden snake, and even our Johnny Is It True is all about snakes. We instinctively fear them, but we are not afraid of fast cars, which are a real danger. This suggests our emotions were shaped by our evolutionary environment, not the one we grew up in. So, it should come as no surprise that we have many stories about them. Please enjoy just a few!
Here are some snake facts for you:
- Snakes are carnivores.
- Snakes don’t have eyelids.
- Snakes can’t bite food so they have to swallow it whole.
- Snakes have flexible jaws which allow them to eat prey bigger than their head!
- Snakes are found on every continent of the world except Antarctica.
- Snakes have internal ears but not external ones.
- Snakes used in snake charming performances respond to movement, not sound.
- There are around 3000 different species of snake.
Featured Story – The Golden Snake
Our featured story is about greed, want, and adventure. What we have is an exciting story of supernatural Mayan priests and a lost temple of gold in the Yucatan. A pilot finds the offer of a job in Mexico too financially attractive to turn down, but when he arrives it turns out that the rewards are far higher than he could ever have imagined and, as if things couldn’t get any better, he will be working alongside a beautiful young woman. Unfortunately, there is a downside. Everyone who has been involved with the expedition in the past seems to be dead. The story is titled The Golden Snake and it aired on the OTR series Escape on April 14, 1950.
Other Stories Include – Murder By Plane Crash, The Caves of Steel, Why Did It Have To Be Snakes, The Golden Snake, and Johnny Is It True – Snakes.
Ron’s Amazing Stories Sponsored by: Audible – You can get a free audiobook and a 30 day free trial at audibletrial.com/ronsamazingstories and Gladdy’s Goodies – Good Treats for your dog to eat.
Main Podcast Site by LibSyn
The Blog Site by WordPress