This is going to be a banner week here at Ron’s Amazing Stories. We have a new installment of the Horror express, and topic this time is, Bigfoot. If you have never heard of the beast? I will give you the quick rundown:
Bigfoot is an ape-human type creature that many believe lives mostly in forests in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. He goes by many names such as Sasquatch. He is often described as being large, hairy, and resembling a half-man-half-ape creature in folklore and myths. Many of those who have reported seeing Bigfoot describe him with large eyes, a low-set forehead, large brow-ridge, and having enormous footprints. He is believed to be upwards of 500 pounds and anywhere from 6 to 8 feet tall. He is also reported to be rather smelly, and he is mainly nocturnal.
- The Bigfoot mystery has existed for hundreds of years in different countries around the world.
Bigfoot is the most famous of the cryptids. Early Native Americans believed that Sasquatch was a spiritual creature
- Russia, France and Germany have all placed Bigfoot on the endangered species list.
- Most believe that David Thompson was the first to discover Sasquatch in 1811 when he found a set of his footprints.
- Bigfoot has many nicknames including Jacko, Jingera, Monkey Man, Old Skunky Bill, Rugaru, Tree Men, Wendigo, Wigidokowok, and Yeti (its Himalayan cousin). There are many others.
- The first person to capture footage of Bigfoot was Roger Patterson. While there are people that believe that his footage is fake. Many acclaimed scientists have come around and now say that this is real evidence of an Ape-Like creature.
- There have been too many eyewitness accounts of Bigfoot sightings for researchers to dismiss the possibility of it’s existence. Many of the eyewitnesses are credible people, not those looking to gain fame, fortune or attention. However, to this date there is no DNA evidence to prove that Sasquatch exists.
This Week’s Podcast:
On the podcast this week we have a new episode of the Horror Express. The topic this time is Bigfoot. We also have a handpicked OTR story by the Conductor himself. You can listen to this podcast this Thursday at Ron’s Amazing Stories, download it from iTunes, stream it on TuneIn Radio or listen on your radio Saturday night at 6pm Eastern time. Check your local listing or find the station closest to you at this link.
January 05 – The Seventh Victim – (RAS #271)
January 12 – To The Future – (RAS #272)
January 19 – Tunnel Under the World – (RAS #273)
January 26 – The Horror Express #14
February 02 – Western Round Up – (RAS #274)